Test Your Knowledge
This site was voted:
Below is a series of true or false questions designed to test your fire safety knowledge:
1. The use of portable fire extinguishers does not replace the assistance of firefighters.
2. Even if you are using a fire extinguisher, it is still important to have an escape route unobstructed by the fire.
3. There is only one type of extinguisher.
4. Using water-based fire extinguishers on a fire involving grease or electrical items may worsen the fire.
5. The best way to learn how to use a fire extinguisher is to begin by reading the instructions when a fire breaks out.
6. It's important to have firefighters check out the affected area after you've put out a fire because it might reignite.
7. The best place to install a smoke alarm is in the bathroom.
8. Smoke detector batteries should be replaced at least once a year.
9. Old batteries in smoke detectors should be replaced with used ones.
10. Photoelectronic alarms are best suited for smoldering fires with a lot of smoke.
11. CO poisoning is easy to prevent because the gas has a strong smell.
12. If a CO alarm goes off, open windows and doors to ventilate the area and evacuate if someone experiences symptoms of poisoning.
13. Symptoms of CO poisoning range from headaches and nausea to respiratory problems and death.
14. Fire safety measures are not necessary because home is the safest place.
15. You don’t have to recharge your fire extinguisher after each use.
16. The contents of a dry-chemical extinguisher are toxic.
17. You cannot use a dry- chemical fire extinguisher on a class A fire.
18. If you should happen to catch on fire, you Stop-Drop-Run
19. Do not use water extinguishers on energized electrical equipment
20. You should occasionally pull the pin and briefly squirt all fire extinguishers to ensure they are properly charged and in good working order.
Answers: 1.True 2.True 3.False 4.True 5.False 6.True 7.False 8.True 9.False 10.True 11.False 12.True 13.True 14.False 15.False 16.False 17.True 18.False 19.True 20.False